Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 502G - "1 line"?

petcho123
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I am new to all this VOIP so maybe my question is a bit stupid.

Looking  into the feature list of a Cisco SPA 502G it says "1 line"? I want to  connect this phone to my Switchvox AA65 which then handles connections to SIP providers. Does it mean that I can only  handle one call at a time and can not e.g. do a 3-way conference, or  does it mean that I can only register the phone with one single SIP server but  have unlimited connection with this server?

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, it can take more than 1 call at a time.  You can put a call on hold and you can also do 3 way conference with the phone itself or use the server to do it by populating the 'conference bridge url' parameter

Thanks for the info, nseto.

Maybe I should ask this way: what can I do with a 4-line phone that I can not do with a 1-line phone (other than registering 4 SIP servers)?

The more lines, then you get more then one extension number (useful for two extension, like private and shared or for a secretary who needs to handle more than one extension). Those extensions numbers can be registered to the same sip server, rather than other sip servers.

I expected to be able to handle things like shared extensions (ext 200 is forwarded to ext 101, 102 and 103) on the software side. We are planning to use a Switchvox SMB. Isn't this possible?

Diego Betancor
Level 1
Level 1

Petch, if what you want is to save money get a 303, if not a 504. Those lines became handly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: