WVC2300 Motion Detection Threshold

Answered Question
Feb 13th, 2012

Hello,

Does a '-'  (minus) in the Threshold bar indicate that it is more sensitive, or does it indicate that it is less sensitive?
You think Cisco would have mentioned that in the Online Help.
Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by emoyers about 2 years 2 months ago

Hello Sir,

This adjustment always makes me have to stop and think. If I remember correctly it is opposite of the way it looks on the settings. Closer to the "-"means more sensitive or the "less" it takes to activate the motion. Of course then the "+" meas=ns the less sensitive or the "more" it takes to activate the motion.

Hope this helps

Eric Moyers

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
emoyers Thu, 02/16/2012 - 07:10

Hello Sir,

This adjustment always makes me have to stop and think. If I remember correctly it is opposite of the way it looks on the settings. Closer to the "-"means more sensitive or the "less" it takes to activate the motion. Of course then the "+" meas=ns the less sensitive or the "more" it takes to activate the motion.

Hope this helps

Eric Moyers

clifford.gormley Thu, 02/16/2012 - 10:37

Thanks Eric,
That is what I think too.

I guess you may want to decrease the sensitivity for Motion Detector Windows where shadows (the sun movement causes shadow changes, tree movement shadows,) etc. are caused.

I have found that flat surfaces can be real sensitive to pick up shadows as motion, so I have moved my Motion Detection Windows away from walls, doors, etc. that have predominately flat surfaces.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:5
Views:2391 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard