WVC2300 Motion Detection Threshold

Answered Question
Feb 13th, 2012
User Badges:

Hello,

Does a '-'  (minus) in the Threshold bar indicate that it is more sensitive, or does it indicate that it is less sensitive?
You think Cisco would have mentioned that in the Online Help.
Thanks

Correct Answer by Eric Moyers about 5 years 2 months ago

Hello Sir,

This adjustment always makes me have to stop and think. If I remember correctly it is opposite of the way it looks on the settings. Closer to the "-"means more sensitive or the "less" it takes to activate the motion. Of course then the "+" meas=ns the less sensitive or the "more" it takes to activate the motion.

Hope this helps

Eric Moyers

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Eric Moyers Thu, 02/16/2012 - 07:10
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hello Sir,

This adjustment always makes me have to stop and think. If I remember correctly it is opposite of the way it looks on the settings. Closer to the "-"means more sensitive or the "less" it takes to activate the motion. Of course then the "+" meas=ns the less sensitive or the "more" it takes to activate the motion.

Hope this helps

Eric Moyers

clifford.gormley Thu, 02/16/2012 - 10:37
User Badges:

Thanks Eric,
That is what I think too.

I guess you may want to decrease the sensitivity for Motion Detector Windows where shadows (the sun movement causes shadow changes, tree movement shadows,) etc. are caused.

I have found that flat surfaces can be real sensitive to pick up shadows as motion, so I have moved my Motion Detection Windows away from walls, doors, etc. that have predominately flat surfaces.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content