Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying CUCM 8.x on MCS7835 I2 platform

karimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

My Company is in discussion of deploying an early version of CUCM 8.x from 6.x. We are currently using the 7835 I2 platform which is supported on the 8.x platform; however, the product will be end of support in May 2014. Is anyone aware of 8.x issues due to 7835 platform?  I know that UCS is the preferred platform; however, we may want to leverage our hardware until the end of support. Any information that you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Supported MCS servers are fine with latest versions of CUCM as long as you meet RAM and HDD requirements, which you may want to confirm.

HTH,

Chris

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Chris' point, if customer wants to continue with IBM branded MCS servers, there is nothing to worry because Cisco has not stopped rebranding/resaling IBM made servers under their MCS portfolio as they did for HP or eventually will do completely. So if any hardware goes end of support, you would very much have the replacement hardware available from IBM & supported by Cisco.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: