cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME w/ SRST - AA in a remote office?

lukeprimm
Level 1
Level 1

Im about to do my first conversion from CME to CME w/SRST.  We have a number of remote offices running CME and are looking to start bringing them into the CUCM cluster and implementing CME w/ SRST.

My first question is how does the AA work?  When a caller dials the normal remote office main number 555-5555 do they then get transferred to the main headquarters AA?  We do all 4 digit extensions, meaning nobody has published DIDs.  Thanks

lp

6 Replies 6

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Luke

You don't say what your AA platform is - I will assume CUE.

If so, then you will convert your CUE's to be "owned" by the CUCM cluster. This way, everything will work pretty much the same way it does now. Your CUE will register it's AA scripts with CUCM via a CTI Route Point - meaning that they will each have an extension number and be dialable as they are on CME.

You will need to convert your CUE licensing as part of this - and change the CUE integration type.

Obviously none of this will help if you're not using CUE!

HTH. Barry

Sorry, we are using CUE at the branch office and we are running Unity Connection at our head end.  Good info, I was unaware of all of this.  I need to do some reading on AA.

There is also a special version of CUe software and license to operate as backup of a corporate VM system:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/umg/rel8_0/srsv_cue/srsvcue.html

So my question is do we still run a local AA on the CUE?  Or do all incoming calls get pushed up to the main office AA?

*we dont want to run SRSV at this time, thanks though.

lp

Hi Luke

As the old saying goes.. "the choice is yours".

Either method will work, and is simply a matter of call routing.

If you integrated each CUE with CUCM, then you can pretty much carry on as you are doing right now. The advantage is that you don't need to write any new AA scripts, and will reuse those already defined. I can't think of any reason why a CUE script currently working on a CME wouldn't work on a CUCM (Paolo is the expert here, so may disagree!).

However, if you want to use the corp voicemail system (presumably Unity / Unity Connection) then you will need to define the AAs on this platform, and modify your inbound call routing so that calls to the incoming numbers get routed into that platform.

Personally, as I've paid for the CUE hardware, I like to use it. I find CUE scripting far more flexible that Unity / Unity Express which is somewhat restrictive.

Just my two cents (or 2p as I'm in the UK )

HTH. Barry

hmmm, interesting.  So I think for the sake of time and complexity - it would be best to keep the AA local on the CME router at the branch office.  Like I noted above, I already have a full CME/CUE implementation, I just need to convert it to SRST.  Callers will then hit the local AA when dialing the main office number. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: