cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400n site to site browsing

bonner101
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WRVS4400n VPN routers configured for a site to site VPN and have an active connection between the two devices. I can ping all devices on the remote network and can browse them using ip's. I have an Win2k8 server on the remote network and have set my local dns to use that ip. I cannot browse the remote network using host names and am trying to add the local machine to the domain. I have the NETBIOS selected on the routers as well. I'm sure i am missing something but don't know what. any thoughts?

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Andrew,

The connection between both sites are up and you're able to access via ip so tunnel setting are correct. You have added the DNS server for the remote site as your local dns server. Since tunnel is up no more configuration is needed for your tunnel so this is going to be a problem with or between your server and clients at the main location. You shouldn't have to change any settings on the router.

Jasbryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: