cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco AP 3600

mustafa.s.raza
Level 1
Level 1

Does cisco 3600 support office extend feature? If yes, is there a controller requirement?

I know cisco AP 600 supports office extend

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

24 Replies 24

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Regardless whether or not you are running Office Extend or not, the 3600 (like the 3500) WAP requires a WLC.

3600 does NOT support OfficeExtend.

Leo the 3600 does support OfficeExtend, all next gen APs that are controller based will support OfficeExtend. Only the AP600 series supports wired side device, that is the main differentiator.

Thanks

I meant if there is a requirement to have 5500 or 2100 or 2500 series controller? Does all controller support office extend with 3600?

The 2504 and the 5508 along with the WiSM 2 will support OfficeExtend. You can use any internal antenna AP like the 1131, 1140, 3502i and the 3602i for OfficeExtend along with the AP600.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Do you need 600 or 3602i will work office extend standalone?

They will work as OfficeExtend. I don't know what you mean by standalone. The ap600 offers a wired side is the difference.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

ALL OfficeExtend solutions require the use of a WLC, there is no "standalone" concept for an OfficeExtend solution regardless of what AP you use.

Basically 600 can connect to wired or wireless router to connect a tunnel over Internet to corporate HQ. where 3600 can not be connected to wired or wireless router at home? Is that correct?

The AP600 and the 3500 should connect to a wired cable to your home router. The AP600 has a single Ethernet port to tunnel a wired traffic back to the wlc. They both can tunnel back a corporate ssid.

-Scott

Hi

I just 600 support 1 Ethernet port for corporate traffic and three ports for personal use .

How many wired ports for corporate traffic are supported with 3600? I am still confused what real difference in OEAP feature between two

None on the 3600

-Scott

Leo the 3600 does support OfficeExtend, all next gen APs that are controller based will support OfficeExtend.

Whoopsie.  You're right.  Couldn't find this in the Data Sheet.  Had a look at the configuration guides and it's "there".

Leo you're slipping !! LOL

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo you're slipping !! LOL

That's because I don't have a friggin' 3600 to play with. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: