cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA VPN Connectivity solution

andrew kwayu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a business with about 350 users at HQs and 5 remote sites each with about 5 users to connect through VPN. The remote sites are connected to internet through various ISPs. In addition to firewall services, I would like to control malware, viruses, phishing etc. I would like to deploy Cisco ASA 5505 series for the remote sites and 5510 for the HQs!

Is this choice appropriate?

Which models do i need for the additional services/licences as depicted above?

Thanks in advance

andrew

4 Replies 4

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

Will you be having any services running at remote sites ??? If not I would suggest simple 1900 series route and use ezy VPN solution by doing this it will be more cheaper and you will get the job done as well....for virus malware etc you can go for any third party solutions if you're not going to host public servers I would suggest to go with least expensive solution but if you will host public servers then go for IPS solution there are many in market including Cisco as well.....for hq 5510 is alright

Hope it's informative to you

Dear The_guroo,

There are about 10 servers at HQ running AD, databases and other applications; the remote sites will also be accessing some of the databases and applications! The network should also be able to support VLANs, web filtering and bandwidth management!

Do you think your suggestion still suffices?

rgds

Andrew

Hi

The reason I asked was that I wanted to see application flow which is from remote site to hq.....so it's a hub and spoke and for that my solution will work perfectly....Cisco ezy VPN solution is a great solution and it suits you perfectly at remote sites ....all I m trying is to save you some $$ but keeping in mind no security compromise ....I have just finished a projects similar to this and it works like a charm

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Dear The_guroo,

I seem to like 1921 router ehnaced with security (CISCO1921-SEC/K9) for the HQs, which will also host the EasyVPN Server? What would be the most ideal equipment for the remote office to go with CISCO1921-SEC/K9?

I see also there is no SSL VPN capability. Any connectivity and security downside to this?

Will someone be able to reach a server placed inside internal network from outside/remote site? Any headern costs to this deployment?

And can this router also offer unified communications eg voice?

Thanks

Andrew

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card