Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1131 as office extend w/local ssid?

Jack Nicholson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an 1131ag AP attached to our 5508 as an OEAP over the Internet.  Everything with the corporate SSIDs is working correctly, so no issue there.  I was wondering if a local ssid can be configured on the AP, similar to what can be done with the OEAP600, in order to provide wireless access to the Internet only?  On the WLC, on the H_REAP tab, there is a button labeled "Reset Personal SSID", so I am guessing that there must be a way to do it-I just can't seem to find out how.  TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

You would set a username/password on the AP from the WLC AP GUI. Once this is set provide that to the end user, they will then browse the AP using HTTP via the IP of the AP from the local DHCP server. They can then login and create their personal SSID.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

You would set a username/password on the AP from the WLC AP GUI. Once this is set provide that to the end user, they will then browse the AP using HTTP via the IP of the AP from the local DHCP server. They can then login and create their personal SSID.

Awesome.  That was exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks for the help and the ultra quick answer!

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

For More information on OEAP-600, please watch the "Community Tech-Talk Series" Cisco Office Extend Access Point OEAP-600

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless/blog/2012/02/24/cisco-office-extend-access-point-oeap-600

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager - Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card