Views
Helpful
Replies

Authenticating new administrator in CUC8.6

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I've configured a new CUC8.6 server in our CUCM environment.  We're synchronized with AD and have been for some time.  After finishing the installation and importing users into the system (and creating some user voicemail boxes), we started adding synchronized accounts to the System Administrator role.  However, they still can not log in.  When an Administrator tries to log in, it gives in error that the password is invalid, after several attempts it says that the account has been locked out.  When I look at the account in AD and CUC, it looks fine.  LDAP Directory, Set Up, and Authentication are all set up (which, to me, seems like an odd thing to need to do since it should be authenticating through CUCM like CUCCX does, no?)  Do I need to have this configured?  Should setting up AXL be enough?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, which role did you assign to this user?

Chris

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you login ok with this user to ciscopca site?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

seems like your LDAP authentication is not working, review your config.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, if you are using AXL integration instead of LDAP then the passwords are not synced and defined locally on UCON.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

correct, uccx is different.

You need to pick how users are imported into UCON either AXL, locally defined or LDAP.

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, which role did you assign to this user?

Chris

System Administrator. I've also tried Audit Administrator to mimic the group assignment of the server's system account, but no dice Thoughts?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you login ok with this user to ciscopca site?

I can not.  It tells me Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

seems like your LDAP authentication is not working, review your config.

Is LDAP authentication required here?  Should the AXL service provide the authentication?  That's how it works in CUCCX.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, if you are using AXL integration instead of LDAP then the passwords are not synced and defined locally on UCON.

That IS different from the way it works in CUCCX.  In that instance the AXL authentication will allow people to authenticate with their AD credentials.  And, you're totally right.  When I go to the user account in CUC and set the password, now I'm able to log in just fine.  So, is this fixed by removing the settings for AXL and only leaving the LDAP settings?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

correct, uccx is different.

You need to pick how users are imported into UCON either AXL, locally defined or LDAP.

So, the manner of import chooses how to authenticate?  Interesting.  In any case, I can import users from PhoneSystem with no problems but I don't see anything when I choose LDAP directory.  I've double checked my settings for LDAP and they're identical to the ones in CUCM (which does work with no problems.)  Is this where my problem is, or could there be anything more to it?

So, the manner of import chooses how to authenticate?  Interesting.

> Correct

Are you going to Import User from LDAP and selecting the LDAP integration your created?

Chris

Yes, we don't use locally created accounts - everything is done in AD.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: