cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540/560 BACD REPORTS - NEED an expert for assistance

Sblazer614
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have the TFTP site build and data is being sent.  However, the data will only be send manually.  The automatic hourly feature did not send the data.  Also, I am getting data, and the excel report spreadshet is producing reports, but it isn't even close to what the call data should be?  Is there anyone out there that can help?  I have already exhausted the online info.

acd 1.JPGacd 2.JPG

7 Replies 7

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

hi sblazer,

when you say the call data isn't what it should be, can you explain further?

I've had issues with the tftp thing before, but have it working OK :  what O/S etc are you trying to send the records to?

Andy

Paolo, we are getting data outputted manually, but not every hour.  The data itself does reflect the call traffic that I sent to the uc540.  For instance, i made 9 calls, then the reports only showed one call?

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have heard this problem many times already. I know for sure there were bugs in the FTP sending, eg

CSCtb72550

You should update IOS if not latest, and try again.

hi Paolo,

do you have any experience of using RADIUS accounting on the UCs - is it more reliable?

Thanks,

Andy

Yes, Radius is often used with good results. But it also has its own quirks.

Unfortunately, CDR processing on the Cisco have never been very easy.

Have not heard of Radius.  Will this provide ACD reports + basic Call accounting?

RADIUS will do the call accounting, but not the BACD stats (well, not without a lot of work, it looks like). The site I'm working on at the moment is using tftp to collect BACD stats, importing them into a database and then using a custom web interface or Excel to generate reports - that's fairly straightforward but doesn't include actual CDRs. I'd like to integrate actual CDRs into the same database (different reports), but having issues with ftp (it keeps failing to write the files): in addition, things like the Account Code don't appear in ftp CDRs and only appear in my syslog if I have debugging enabled on the UC - other posts on here have said some features only really works properly in RADIUS, so I was wondering if I'd have better luck. Will be trying it on a testbed in the near future, will update you if it works ...

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: