WVC2300 camera mounted inside, pointed outside thru double-pane window

Answered Question
Feb 19th, 2012

Hello

I have been having some issues with my WVC2300 picking up Motion Detection.

Cars that drive by are always being detected, but people walking by are not.

The people are actually larger in the video display because they are closer to the camera, but are only intermittently being detected.

Do you think that the fact the camera is mounted inside of the building, and then has to 'go through' a double-pane window may be causing the problem?

Is there anything special about the glass windows in Camera enclosures?

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by emoyers about 2 years 1 month ago

Hey, Mr. Gormley,

There is nothing special that I am aware of with the glass in a camera enclosure. I do know that the motion detection does have some issues if the Background and the moving objects are similar in color/shade (Light color with a light backgorund, or dark with a dark background).

Some people have had better success with the Motion Detection within the Advanced Video Software that you can get free on the Cisco.com website. It is a little more senisitive than the software currently in the cameras.

Hope this helps.

Eric Moyers

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
emoyers Thu, 02/23/2012 - 08:03

Hey, Mr. Gormley,

There is nothing special that I am aware of with the glass in a camera enclosure. I do know that the motion detection does have some issues if the Background and the moving objects are similar in color/shade (Light color with a light backgorund, or dark with a dark background).

Some people have had better success with the Motion Detection within the Advanced Video Software that you can get free on the Cisco.com website. It is a little more senisitive than the software currently in the cameras.

Hope this helps.

Eric Moyers

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:5
Views:3087 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard