cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

monitor power consumption on non POE device using LMS 4.1 ?

anna_santos
Level 1
Level 1

How do i monitor power consumption of our endpoint device such as IBM server, UCS server, PC , etc which isn't powered by POE ?

6 Replies 6

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

There is nothing in LMS to do this out of the box.

If you know an OID for these devices that can provide this information then you can create a poller to gather this.

Cheers,

Michel

as the document said " we have to install verdiem or orchestrator on the client (PC) " but i do not know how to make interconnection between my pc and the lms server, so that lms can monitor power consumption of my pc . and how about to monitor the power consumption of my IBM server & UCS server , any idea ?

No, I'm not aware of such a possibility. Sorry

You may wish the mention what document you are on about.

Maybe somone knows

Cheers,

Michel

Technology Work Centers in Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution 4.1.pdf

I'm way to lazy to read all this stuff (that's my nature) but I tried a few things with an IP phone and an access point because a customer was interested.

TAC said to forget about the access point, LMS will only manage the IP phone. 

Do you see these endpoint devices in LMS anywhere? I asume you managed to get the agent software and put them on these devices.

In theory they should then get 'discovered' as endpoints. Not sure how LMS would be able to do that though. Unless the endpoint agent knows about LMS and starts talking I don't see how it could work.

Anyway, the theory is that in LMS you have a group of endpoints in an endpoint group. Then you should be able to configure endpoint attributes.... , and then you should be able to create a policy and apply it to that group. But I think the policies you can create in LMS now, are for IP phones only.

You should also be able the generate power reports on an endpoint group. Provided you are able to discover these endpoints.

Do let us know how you are getting on with this though. Energywise is interesting but the current implementation in LMS may be a bit too minimalistic. (please prove me wrong)

Cheers,

Michel

actually we just need to monitor power consumption of our endpoint device, not to manage it. and thanks for your response, michel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: