Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PeripheralCallType field in ICM TCD table

In The TCD table in ICM we have a field called Peripheral Call Type. This basically is the type of call reported by the peripheral. In my case this field comes with a value of 12 or 13 and in the document its mentioned as consult for 12 and consult offered for 13. So what could be the difference between these two. Anyone has worked on this before please let me know.

4 Replies 4

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In CTI, a Call Type CONSULT_OFFERED event is generated when a call is transferred to another destination.

This probably means that the peripheral is seeing the call being transferred to another destination. Can you share the network topology or the call flow?

Justine.

Hi Justine,

Thanks for the reply.

When an agent gets the call and transfers it to another agent in a different skillgroup using warm transfer. In the TCD for the recieing agent or the second record will have a call dispostion of 30 and PeripheralCallType as 12 or 13. In the Document the description for 12 is Consult and 13 is Consult Offered. There is no detailed explanation given regarding this.

From the tcd records what I observe is most of the times when the First agent does a blind transfer(CallDisposition-28) its coming as 12 and when they do a consult transfer (CallDisposition-29) its coming as 13.

This PeripheralCallType is the type of the call reported by the peripheral.

Thanks,

Harish,

I'd need to test it as well to be sure but if memory serves me right :

• 12 = Consult = the transfer from agent a to agent b completed;
  • 13 = Consult Offered = agent a iniated a consult transfer, spoke to agent b but then resumed the customer call and dropped agent b.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks for the reply Kris ,

I did the testing and it was the otherway round.

12 = Consult = agent a iniated a consult transfer, spoke to agent b but then resumed the customer call and dropped agent b.

13 = Consult Offered = the transfer from agent a to agent b completed;

Thanks