cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial to CISCO router

stigzem123
Level 1
Level 1

How can you dial to a CISCO router which is attached to a modem via its AUX port?

I want the detail configuration process.

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can find all what you "want" using the search box on cisco.com.

I couldn't find what I've been looking for.What I found from the "search" box shows only the physical connection between a router and the external modem.My question is exactly the following:-

Suppose you have a router at your office connected to a modem via its AUX port(which is afterall for a remote access purpose) and you sit at your house where you have some sort of internet connection (dial up or broadband it doesn't matter)

now you want to access the router(located at office) right from your home.

What is the configuration and the parameters you enter for the configuration (like IP addresses, username,pswd etc)

It seems you're are mixing up things a little.

To access a router remotely from the internet, no aux port or modems is needed.

or

To access a router on the aux port with a modem, you need a dial-up modems.

Both these configurations are explained in the standard documentation, and easility done by any person with Cisco experience or certification. If you don't have that, I recommend you get one, to save yourself much loss of time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: