Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC DataSource for IDS DB

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone provide me with reference or instructions for how to add an Informix Database (like Call Manager Database) into CUIC DataSources?

I read that it is possible to generate reports using the CDR database from the Call Manager.

Thanks,

Justine.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's no direct infromix access to CUCM - it's all via SOAP/AXL.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The CUCM Appliance model does not have a CDR database as such. CDRs are written as flatfiles on CUCM and then you have a choice to consolidate them into the CUCM CAR database for reporting or SFTP them out to a third-party server. If you'd want to run CUIC reports against the actual CDR records you'd need to re-impor them into a database on the 3rd party server and report against that.

Besides that, the CUCM firewall does not allow external access to the Informix database. CVP's Informix database does allow this and instructions are available in the guides.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks Kris,

You always have very informative answers.

Have you tried the "ReportXML - CallDetailReport.xml" report? Any idea if this report actually works?

I have read inside the XML code of this report that it uses 2 tables:

- TerminationCallDetail table from the HDS Database

- CallDetailRecord (most likely to be related to Call Manager)

I know that CUIC does not support 2 datasources for the same report. So, theoretically, this report should not work. However, it is posted on the Developers forum http://developer.cisco.com/web/ccr/docs/-/document_library/view/4711345

Has this report worked for anyone? How?

Thanks,

Justine.

Hey Justine,

I hand't seen that report before but quickly grepped through the file, there's only one SQL query in there.

select

datename(m,a.DateTime) as Month,

from Termination_Call_Detail a left join Call_Type b  on a.CallTypeID=b.CallTypeID

left join Peripheral c on c.PeripheralID=a.PeripheralID
left join Service d on d.SkillTargetID=a.ServiceSkillTargetID
left join Skill_Group e on e.SkillTargetID=a.SkillGroupSkillTargetID
left join Agent f on f.SkillTargetID=a.AgentSkillTargetID

left join Person g on g.PersonID=f.PersonID

left join Skill_Group h on h.SkillTargetID=e.BaseSkillTargetID

left join Route i on i.RouteID=a.RouteID

left Join Trunk_Group j on j.TrunkGroupID=a.TrunkGroupID

order by a.DateTime

These are all tables from a UCCE HDS database, this has nothing to do with CUM. They just gave the report a confusing name.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks Kris,

It turned out that I had to add a new datasource that points to the HDS as the 2 DataSources already created (UCCE Historical and UCCE Realtime) were pointing to AWDB (this was advised by TAC).

The CallDetailReport needs a DataSource that connects to the HDS. Otherwise it is not possible to import it.

Thanks again,

Justine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: