I have a 3550 switch that I am trying to upgrade the IOS on.
I am trying to copy to a TFTP server.
I am receiving a socket error.
I saw that this can be fixed with
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
Switch(config)#no service config
00:13:47: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console
I have done this 3 times to no avail.
My TFTPd32 server on my pc is working fine.
Here is the error
Directory of flash:/
2 -rwx 556 Mar 1 1993 00:33:53 +00:00 vlan.dat
4 -rwx 3775 Mar 1 1993 00:37:54 +00:00 config.text
5 -rwx 24 Mar 1 1993 00:37:54 +00:00 private-config.text
6 -rwx 5687963 Mar 16 2007 01:05:23 +00:00 c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin
8 drwx 192 Mar 1 1993 00:04:40 +00:00 c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-22.EA1a
15998976 bytes total (3300864 bytes free)
Switch#copy flash tftp
Source filename ? c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin
Address or name of remote host ? 192.168.1.132
Destination filename [c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin]?
%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.132/c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin (Socket error)
HELP!! THANKS IN ADVANCE
Looking at this issue also you need to
1. configure vlan 1 on switch and assign a port to that vlan.
2. Manually assign your desktop an ip address in the subnet of the vlan you just created.
3. Plug your pc to the port you just assigned the vlan
4. Try to ping and if it does then you are all good.
5. now start your Tftpd32 and do your copy on the switch.