Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant SIP Trunks in a Route Group

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a simple clarification question about using multiple SIP trunks in a Route Group.

In our setup we have two Exchange 2010 UM servers (for redundancy) with SIP trunks to UCM8.5

So within the Route Group, the second SIP trunk entry will only be used if SIP services is not running on the first UM server (or the server itself is down).  Is that correct or is there something more?

I'm asking because we did that and it wasn't failing over to the second SIP trunk.  Unless there was something else that is needed on UCM8.5 (or Exchange 2010 UM).

Thank you!

-rya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is correct..unless the first sip trunk is down it wont search for the second sip trunk.

also point to remember is the number of sip trunk invite. by default it is set to 6, so call will send invite 6 times before it try the second sip trunk.

you change it on service parameter or sip profile and configure it for 2.

thanks,

Vipul jindal

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is correct..unless the first sip trunk is down it wont search for the second sip trunk.

also point to remember is the number of sip trunk invite. by default it is set to 6, so call will send invite 6 times before it try the second sip trunk.

you change it on service parameter or sip profile and configure it for 2.

thanks,

Vipul jindal

Normally you would rely on "Options PING" feature which would allow CUCM to monitor the state of the SIP trunk, but my understanding is that Exchange UM does not support it with current versions. 

Tweaking the SIP timers under service parameters as suggested might do the job as well.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the clarification Vipul and Chris!

-rya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: