Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Account "supervision"

Hello,

In order to supervise my IronPorts, version 7.5.1-102, I needed an account for Nagios.

Therefore I created a user named "supervision" with the "guest" role but it never worked.

Is "supervision" a restricted name ?

Thank for your answer,

5 Replies 5

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jennifer,

I had not problems creating that user on 7.5.1. What error did you get?

Regards,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

I had not problems to create this account. In fact, I did it.

My problem comes when I want to use this account. It doesn't work... 

I've used a very sample password: "testTEST"... and the same error:

Error     —     Errors have occurred. Please see below for details.

Invalid username or password

If I try another "user name", it works fine... so I would like to know if you have the same behaviour.

Thanks again,

Hello,

Does anyone try this ? I've tried alson in 7.6 version and i have the same problem whit "supervision" account.

Maybe is the user length a little bit long ?

Thanks

Hello,

Eventually,  Cisco helped me find the answer. I'll  share this in case someone encounters the same  behaviour.

In fact, “supervision” was not a restricted name, nor was the account's length a  problem.

Our ESAs have External Authentication enabled with an  AD which also has an account called  “supervision”.

When I tried to log on, the ESA authenticated this account with the AD before considering the local account.

That’s the raison why  my password never worked.

Best regards,

Hi Jennifer,

thanks a lot for sharing your result with us, I should probably have thought of that as well. Good to see you got it solved now, thanks again for sharing, highly appreciated:-)

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: