VPN tunnel from internet --> cannot access remote servers

Unanswered Question
Feb 24th, 2012

Dears,

The design of my architecture is described in attachment.

As you will see, I have setup a site-to-site VPN tunnel between 2 sites using CISCO rv120w.

Everything works fine; any PC on one site can access all systems on the other site and vice-versa.

The issue I have is when I start a VPN connection another site on Internet using IPSecuritas.

I can initiate a VPN to site 1 and site 2; but when connected, I can only access servers that are located into the same site I'm connected to; I cannot ping the remote site.

The Range of IP addresses on the internet during my tests is 192.168.11.0 (I 'm using a Mac)

Systems with IP 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.10.1 are bridges

Systems with IP 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.10.2 are CISCO rv120w

Any help will be very appreciated.

I have tried to enable RIP but it doesn't help.

Regards,

Giton0001

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
doug_counsil@ya... Fri, 02/24/2012 - 17:00

Have you thought about connecting to Site 1 (or 2 for that matter), using VNC or RDP to connect to a workstation or server, then using that device to connect to Site 2?

It gets interesting, but we use VPN to connect to our personal workstations via RDP, then use Real VNC Viewer from there to get to other workstations/servers (running Real VNC Server) all the time.  It works great.  We prefer Real VNC, but there are *free* VNC alternatives out there if cost is an issue.

rizwanr74 Fri, 02/24/2012 - 18:18

Your description of the problem is not so clear and your attached is not visible to see. So I will recap from what I understood.

You are coming on remote vpn-client and connected to site “A” and site “A” has a L2L vpn tunnel to site “B”

Your problem is you cannot access resources on site “B”, when remote vpn in to site “A”, is the correct, the nature of your problem ?

giton0001 Fri, 02/24/2012 - 23:39
Curtis
I already use VNC to connect to systems, but this workaround is not satisfying as I need telnet, ssh, rsync... access on both sides from Internet.
rizwanr24,

Your description is exactly what I have.

To give you an idea of my configuration, I have based it on this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10266

More specifically by using this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/technote/note/SA500_mac_appnote.pdf

Regard,

J-F

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:
Views:1471 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard