cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Voicemail Port Usage

boquiason
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed Unity Connection 8.6 with 100 voicemail ports.We have also configured an auto-attendant to service the "Service Desk" group.We would like to limit the number of ports so that the auto-attendant can only use a maximum number of ports i.e. 30 out of the 100, so as to avoid an avalanche condition wherein all ports are taken by the auto-attendant and nobody else can then access voicemail. Please advise. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do this with SCCP integration where you can build separate Line Group that includes these 30 ports and use Hunt List/Hunt Pilot/VM Pilot/VM Profile for this purpose, i.e. apply the Profile to the CTI RP or whatever device you are using to redirect the call to UCON.  The for regular VM calls if you want to use these ports as well, simply include this Line Group as the last Line Group in VM Hunt Lists.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I forgot to mention that we have already used SIP integration and we are not in a position to re-deploy using SCCP.

Perhaps you could try defining separate SIP trunk with different port, which you can define via SIP Security Profile and then match that port on UCON when you build the the port group. Never tried it myself, but that's the only thing I can think of with SIP.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris