Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Netflow Collector

arpportoPereira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been researching the best solution available in the market for a NetFlow collector.

I wonder what solutions are recommend, if the Cisco NAM would be the best choice, I liked the solarwinds solution, these would be your choices, there are better in the market?

Thanks for the help

3 Replies 3

jakewilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It depends on what you want to report on.  If you are looking for basic NetFlow reporting, Solarwinds can do a decent job for you.

If you need deep analytical reporting on the latest Flexible NetFlow exports with highly customizable filtering, I recommend Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer can scale to over 100,000 flows per second with the new appliance and it supports reporting on technologies like Cisco Medianet Performance moniting (e.g. Latency, Jitter, packet loss). It also supports Performance Reporting (PfR) on IP SLA like statistics.  The cost is about the same as Solarwinds however, Orion is a jack of all trades when it comes to network monitoring with lots of NMS capabilities.  Scrutinizer is very focused on NetFlow.

I hope that helps.

Jake

Don Jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There are lot of NetFlow collector options available in the market, licensed as well as free. For Solarwinds NetFlow collector, you also need to purchase their base software named Orion and install NetFlow collector on top of that. IF only flow collection is your requirement, use a standalone flow collector.

We at ManageEngine have NetFlow Analyzer. It supports the latest Cisco Flexible NetFlow export as well as flow export from all other vendors too. NetFlow Analyzer also has features like QoS reporting, Cisco NBAR for application recognition, Cisco Medianet Perf Monitor and Mediatrace for live media traffic monitoring, Cisco IPSLA for measuring link performance, Cisco WAAS reporting, etc. In case you need NetFlow monitoring as well as a complete network performance monitoring solution, you can use ManageEngine. We have a 30 day fully featured trial vailable for you to test:

http://www.manageengine.com/products/netflow/download.html

You can check a list of free NetFlow collectors from here:

http://www.networkuptime.com/tools/netflow/

Regards,

Don Thomas Jacob

www.netflowanalyzer.com

NOTE: Please rate posts and close questions if your query has been answered

Regards, Don Thomas Jacob http://www.solarwinds.com/netflow-traffic-analyzer.aspx Head Geek @ SolarWinds NOTE: Please rate and close questions if you found any of the answers helpful.

andrisoft
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Probably the most used NetFlow collector that runs under Linux is nfdump. It's free, very well tested, and it can save flows from multiple formats in a compressed binary format. Andrisoft provides a commercial netflow collector called WANSIGHT that was built on top of nfdump.

Regards,

Cristian Andries

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: