cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME3600 EVC config

bmarms
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to metro ethernet and have two ME3600x switches.  We are connecting multiple customers between to locations  and I'd like to map them to different EVC's between the two metro switches at each location.  I am attaching a diagram of a proposed architecture.  can anyone assist/recommend a config.  The link tothe SP network between ME3600's is a dedicated ME private line service.  Thanks for any assistance.

8 Replies 8

waris
Level 1
Level 1

What is the interface configuration between the two ME? Is it trunk?

At UNI, you can match on encap 16, match on untagged and match on the entire range for the trunk. The core interface is important since it may add second tag.

Refer to ME3600X configuration guide for detailed interface configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/12.2_52_ey/configuration/guide/swevc.html

-Waris

I was able to get my metro switches configured and working properly but am having an issue accessing the MGMT port from my NMS station attached to CoreA. (see attached image).  I can access the other switch OOB MGMT ports from the NMS attached to CoreA but not the metro.  I can access the metro OOB MGMT port from CoreB.  Any ideas?

are the apprioprate vlans trunked across the ME3600's??? looks like your OOB vlans are not trunked across??

The OOB vlan is trunked across the .1q link to the metro switch from the core switch. The Mac address of the OOB interface is not being dynamically learned on CoreA for some reason. I entered a static entry in the CoreA cam table, but I still can't access from my NMS. I have a TAC case open, but they've been unable to resolve.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

should also mention the metro is configured to match on a range of vlans as well as untagged traffic from the CoreA and B switches

what model is the core A switch?? is it only the OOB vlan that is having issues or other vlans as well?? does the ME3600X on the right side see the mac address of the say CoreB mgmt interface??

Both cores are 6500's. I can access every other device on the OOB vlan from either side EXCEPT the metros. So, from the core a side I can't get to the b side metro. From the core b side, I can't get to the a side metro. I can get to everything else on the OOB vlan

This is an IOS bug wehre the metro is only checking the first 40 bits of the source mac, vs all 48, on ingress and dropping the frame since it is recognizing it as itself.  cisco is releasing a new IOS version to fix this bug on 3/19/2012

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: