kg6itcraig Sun, 02/26/2012 - 17:14

6120 & 6140's need the module.

6248's just need an FC gbic.


kg6itcraig Mon, 02/27/2012 - 07:54

Sorry think I replyed in error to your question. Was thinking strictly FC. If you are doing FCOE, well that is ethernet. Think you would need to go appliance port to plug straight into device without a switch between. Shouldn't need anything special.


mazhar mahadik Tue, 02/28/2012 - 12:25

Hi Craig,

Sorry craig but i dint get you...can you please elaborate.



ktwong Sat, 03/03/2012 - 23:21

Hi Mazhar,

AFAIK, with the 6100 FI, only the expansion module can handle SAN traffic. With the 6200 FI, all ports are universal ie. they can handle both SAN and ethernet traffic.


abbharga Sun, 03/04/2012 - 03:25

Hi Mazhar,

On the 6120 / 6140 you can configure the FCoE storage  port on the fixed module ports. No need to buy an expansion module for  it.



This Discussion