Let's consider this situation:
- 6500 handling LAN <-> LAN traffic
- FSWM handling LAN <-> WAN traffic
FWSM has outside interface IP address 220.127.116.11 (mask 255.255.255.0)
There is a server with IP address 18.104.22.168 (mask is same 255.255.255.0)
There are another servers with IP adresses 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 (mask 255.255.255.0).
There is a LAN client, 10.10.10.10 (mask 255.255.255.0)
The problem is, I cannot ping 188.8.131.52 from 10.10.10.10, but can 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
- there's proper configuration for 6500 to handle traffic from 10.10.10.10 to 18.104.22.168/255.255.255.0
- server 22.214.171.124 has no firewall and I am sure the server is properly configured for network communication
- there's correct MAC address in FWSM ARP cache
- I see log records in FWSM Logging window only when I am not able to ping 126.96.36.199
- I can ping 188.8.131.52 from 10.10.10.10 after dozens of pings
- there're not log records in FWSM Logging window when I am able to ping 184.108.40.206