cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Off-Hook Alarm in CME

cjoseph23
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for a way in CME to do Off-Hook alarm to an emergency number. 

For example, If a end user takes an IP Phone off-hook but does not dial any digits, then after the first digit timer expires, we want the phone to ringdown to the front desk at the location.

has anyone come accross a way to accomplish this in CME?

regards,

cj

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It might be possible to do that , but I haven't seen this on any of PBX system I've seen in the world.

Hi,

You may use trunk configuration in ephone-dn

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_t1ht.html#wp1015411

You can try using exact steps in above link or try below configuration.

#ephone-dn   �� the phone that you need this feature

Trunk 132878  timeout seconds �� external number

#dial-peer voice

Destination-pattern 132878

Port 0/0/0:15

Forward-digit all

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks Ronak,

I will try this configuration in the lab and let you know how it goes.

Paolo,

I have never seen this feature either but I did go onsite and had them show me this is currently working.  If they go off hook with the digital set, don't press any digits, then after the first digit timer runs out the phone will dial the emergency center which is located onsite and connected to the same PBX.

I believe the PBX is a Siemens 390.

Regards,

Cyril

Hi

It is there in Cisco CUCM as well...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Yes we can run in the occasional odd feature configured on some legacy system, but the question is, is that really needed? Or do we have to carry over stuff just because it was there and useful in the mind of someone that is not even in charge anymore ?

Unfortunately it is a required feature to carry over.  We look at all the features they currently have and only ported over the ones which were deemed critical.

The Health/Safety commission at this location has placed this feature as one which is needed.  I did demonstrate the feature to them via CUCM with blank translation patterns and uncheck the urgent priority.  But what happens in a SRST type scenario?  This is why i am researching for a CME option to this feature.  I am required to show that in any scenario (CUCM, CME,  SRST in CME) this feature will be available.

I will try the above recommendation and report back.

thx

cj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: