Views
Helpful
Replies

Block connection to real server in CSS

shanilkumar2003
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Is there anyway i can block connection to a specific server in CSS serverfarm without suspending and retaining the existing connections to that server?

Thanks

Shanil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shanil,

Yes, suspending a service will stop new connections but not break the ones already established.

After suspending the service, you can check the amount of connections still present on that service with the "show service" command. Once the "Current Local Connections" counter reaches 0, you can go ahead with the maintenance without causing any impact.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shanil,

The way to stop sending new connections to a server is suspending it. Anyway, suspending a service will not affect the connections already established on it, those will will continue to work.

Why do you want to block these connections without suspending the service?

Daniel

Thanks Daniel..

There is a requirement for application to do not make new connections during some maintenance.

So if i suspend a real server all the established connection are still serve to the same server and will not establish new connections right? how can i see the established connections with sh service ?

Hi Shanil,

Yes, suspending a service will stop new connections but not break the ones already established.

After suspending the service, you can check the amount of connections still present on that service with the "show service" command. Once the "Current Local Connections" counter reaches 0, you can go ahead with the maintenance without causing any impact.

Regards

Daniel

Thank you very much daniel..i have successfully completed the activity

Regards

Shanil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: