Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 background image and call forward

Hello, everybody!

I'm trying t oset up BMP background picture. I read the instructions and set all prerequisites.

I put my picture on HTTP server and I suppose it satisfies all requirements.

Here it is http://nikriaz.narod2.ru/praktika.bmp

However nothing appears on the screen! And I can't understand if image accepted or something wrong...

Second question, is Call Forward function of telephone or PBX?

I havent't PBX. Try to put any number for Cwfd but nothing happened (no error, no message, no reaction)...

12 Replies 12

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

I've never tried to put a background image on a SPA phone before, but I can lab it up (not too busy with support cases today).

Call forward is normally a function of the phone system. May I ask what phone system you are registering this phone to?

OK, thank you! Loking forward to see results.

Phone connected to the local SIP provider (phone-router-provider).

So the phone is actually registered to a hosted solution and not something local?

Do you know what the back end of your provider's hosted solution is?  You may have to open a case with them to see if they are giving you a correct phone load.

Also, if they have an auto provisioning server, the phone is usually set to call home every few hours to see if something has changed in it's configuration file.  This may be why your image isn't working.

I was able to get the bitmap image loaded on my phone.  I don't have a 303, but it looks like the 500 series instructions are the same.  I've inserted and attached the configuration images here.

This is national-wide provider and I guess they use some customized solution.

On other hand, phone setup is very simple - proxy, ID, password. Nothing else.

I don't think it's somehow related to unworking picture.

Did you try my picture? Does it work?

Cool!

Did you use http, not tftp?

I just used the link you provided above.  I have the configuration settings attached to the reply.  You couldn't see them if I inserted them. 

Bascially, go to the Phone tab in Admin/Advanced.  Copy/Paste your link in, and select BMP Image under Select Background Picture.  Hit Submit all and you're done.

I did try tftp as well.  Both worked like a charm.  I'm using the 7.4.9c firmware on this SPA509.  I'm not sure what your SPA303 firmware would be.

I have installed local TFTP server and now I see that picture is downloading succesfully but still nothing happened.

Picture doesn't appears nowhere - logo, screensaver, background picture.

If I set screensaver mode in "BMP Picture" I've got "Lock" screensaver mode. Logo still "Cisco"

I tried different sizes and jpg as well - nothing work.

Latest firmware 7.4.9c

Need further help!

Solved.

Unfortunately I not certain how I did it.

I did a lot of changes in settings and in a file size (pixel size) as well.

Once time I found that MS paint doesn't keep 1-bit color depth.

I re-save again my logo with 1-bit and... logo appears

Great to hear! 

The 303 must require a different setting despite what the admin guide states.  I'm going to go find a 303 to experiment with.

I'm glad to read that you solved the background image issue.

You may find the following to be of interest:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9846

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9919

I checked the Admin Guide and found:

"You can create a text or 128 x 48 pixel by 1-bit deep image logo to display when

the IP phone boots up."

and

"You can use a picture to customize the background on your IP phone LCD displays.

Phone models and acceptable image file types are:

• Cisco SPA303 and Cisco SPA50XG: Bitmap format, 1 bit-per-pixel color,

size 128 x 48 pixels.

• Cisco SPA525G/525G2: Either .jpg format (recommended) or bitmap (1, 2, 4,

8, or 24 bits-per-pixel). Recommended image size is 320 x 240 pixels. Other

image sizes are scaled to fit, which can cause distortion."

Can you please let me know if you found something different and in which Admin Guide you found it? I'll then work with our Documentation Team to correct the issue. I'm at paborn at cisco.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

I think it's pretty correct. For SPA303 I found that 1-bit depth is mandatory but lenght of 128 is not. Say, 76 works as well.

In my case some other seting prevented image to appear. Most likely somewhere in provisioning. Since my operator doesn't provide such service I switched off everything what I found and eventually it helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: