cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN30e set outbound CLID presentation on H.323 Gateway

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am based in the UK and have just enabled "Presentation Number (Type 3,4,5)" on an ISDN30 circuit. This should allow me to set the CLID used on outbound calls "allows your customer to decide what number is displayed as the Presentation Number for each outgoing call. The Presentation Number to be used on each call would be controlled by your customers’ PABX switch, and not set up within the BT network".

I am having problems doing this. I thought that I could set this as the calling number that I see in a Q.931 debug message for the call :

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98388

Exclusive, Channel 8

Calling Party Number i = 0x00A1, '[intended outbound CLI]'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '[called number]'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

However, I still see the number withheld. Am I missing something in the config for the H.323 gateway?

I am actually testing the feature with just trying to send a DDI number associated with that circuit (ultimately I want to send a non-geo)

Interestingly I am only able to present a outbound CLI at all, if I prefix the dialled number with 1470 (and in which case only the main number associated with the circuit is presented). 1470 as I understood it, was to reverse your default CLI position, ie if your default is to withhold, this would present and vice versa. However, the carrier tells me CLI presentation is enabled as per option described earlier.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Prefixing the dialled number with 1470 should always cause BT to withold your calling number.

My suspicion here is your numbering plan and type - which are currently both set to unknown on both calling and called number. Dredging up from my memory, I once had a similar issue and I had to set these to "National" and "ISDN" via a translation rule on my gateway.

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Prefixing the dialled number with 1470 should always cause BT to withold your calling number.

My suspicion here is your numbering plan and type - which are currently both set to unknown on both calling and called number. Dredging up from my memory, I once had a similar issue and I had to set these to "National" and "ISDN" via a translation rule on my gateway.

HTH. Barry

Thanks for your help Barry, it looks like I have this solved now.

The CLI being witheld (when not using 1470 prefix) was down to settings on the GW :

"Display IE Delivery" should be checked

I did in fact, try a number of combinations regarding number type, number plan. You were correct in saying National/ISDN :

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '[intended outbound CLI]'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National        

BUT the intended outbound CLI needs to NOT have the leading '0' - otherwise it appears (on the call recievers side) as being "+.........." and gives the appearance of being a weird international code.

With these settings it appears to work correctly. Thanks for your help.