Replies

ios is for 2811 or 2821

Hi,

I have 2811 and 2821 routers in my branches

And decided to upgrade to 12.4(20)T

I find the ios for both download has the same name

c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-20.T6.bin

also have the same size also have the same MD5

So how to differentiate between both files if I don't know what is for 2811 and what is for 2821

I have tried to upgrade a 2821 router with the 2811 ios file, the router didn't warn me, I think he should at least say no compatible bin file

Or what I think now is that each ios file can upgrade both routers !!!

any advise is appreciated

Regards

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2811 and 2821 share the same filename.

2801 IOS filename starts with a 2801.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If I remember correctly, the 2851 can use the same IOS image too.

Realize, often within a family seires, the major differences are device size and/or speed of the processor.  In such cases, the IOS image can be the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card