Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 voicemail notification problem

net1998ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i have UC520 system currently installed in our office , i have also 15 ip phone model 521S connected to it

i configured this system to send notification on workphone and email for voicemail but nothing recieved

i used cisco configuration assistant to configure the system

could you please advise

best regards

15 Replies 15

net1998ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

any update

There could be a couple of things that are going on here.

1.  Did you set your SMTP server in the CUE GUI?

2.  Have you checked spam filters?

I am quoting this posting in the following instructions:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3123696#3123696

Please follow this steps for the configuration of email notification with CUE.

1)Go to voicemail->Message Notification->Notification Administration

-Make sure "Enable system-wide notification for" is checked, and set for

"All Messages"

-Check "Allow user to login to voicemail box to retrieve voicemail when

phone notification device is notified."

-Check "Attach voice messages to email notification messages." Click Apply

2)Go to Administration->Domain name settings->set your domain name

(mycompany.com) (this is a big one, this needs to be set)

3)Go to Administration->Domain name settings->set your DNS server if you

have one. Click Apply

4)Go to Administration->SMTP Settings->Set your SMTP server address, as well

as any authentication if needed. Click Apply

5) Go to Configure->User->choose user->check the "Enable notification for

this user" box at bottom of the screen. Click Apply

6) Go to Configure->User->notification tab->click on "email inbox"

-Input the users email address

-Input a subject text for the email

-Check box "Enable notification to this device "

-Check box "Attach voice message to email notification messages."

-Change "Notification Preference" to "All Messages"

-Set up the Notification schedule, these are the hours that e-mails will be

sent. Click Apply

7) On the UC520 router, set your "domain-name" and "ip name-server".

In case that after set this up it still not working please collect the follow traces from the CUE, for this just loginto the CLI of the CUE and in the config

mode

type:

no trace all

clear trace

trace voicemail msgnotif all

trace configapi smtp debug

trace entitymanager NotifDevice all

trace smtp all

sho trace buffer tail

Do a call and leave a voicemail for the extension and wait around 10 minutes to see all of the tracin after that type ctrl+c and send us the traces.

dear sir

i loged to CUE GUI interface but i did not found the steps you mentioned in your reply

for you questions this is the answer

1.  Did you set your SMTP server in the CUE GUI?

yes

2.  Have you checked spam filters?

i dont know how please advise

The debugs you attached suggest that you don't have the SMTP server authorization and notification set up correctly.  You will have to use the steps above to set that up.  On the left hand side when you log in, you will see the different options like the attached PDF.  If not, then you are probably not logged in as Administrator.

Checking Spam filters varies from email program to email program.  You would have to consult your email integrator for that information.

Hope this helps!

dear sir

thanks for your support

i did all the steps you mentioned in your reply

i need you to see the atatched image and advise if the settings i configured for smtp server correct or not ?

best regards

That looks correct.  When you call and leave a VM, what is the debug output in CLI?

dear sir

thanks for your support

the voicemail notifcation to workphone working fine now in our system i found that when any one leave message the 601 extension leave messages too so i received two messages at same time

i dont know if this is normal operation or not could you please advise ?

also the email notification not woring till now so could you please help

i attached the debug result

I'm not sure what extension 601 is on your system.  Would you be able to explain what you are using that extension for?

You have your voice mail notifications set up correctly now, however, there's no route out to your email server.  That's what these lines in the debug mean.

3229 03/04 02:08:55.147 VMSS mnot 0 EmailSender: Error sending email, UID= 272 :javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;

nested exception is:

class javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 65.254.231.80, port: 25;

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: 65.254.231.80/65.254.231.80:25 - No route to host

My guess would be  your firewall isn't allowing the connection.  Make sure you have something like this in your outside firewall.

1 permit tcp host 65.254.231.80 any eq smtp.

dir sir

the 601 is the voicemail extension

i dnot have firewall in my netwrok , the UC-520 appliance connected to ADSL router directly and no firewall feature supported in this router.

could you please help ?

So you don't have a firewall setup on your UC520?  Are you also using extension 601 for something other than the voice mail pilot number?  Would you please send a running configuration with the IP addresses and usernames/passwords deleted? 

The debug you attached on the last message, where was that voice mail going to?  It looks like it was a successful message.  Did you receive it via email?

dear sir

So you don't have a firewall setup  on your UC520? 

no

Are you also using extension 601 for something other  than the voice mail pilot number?

no , it is used for voice mail pilot by default so i did not set any thing

Would you please send a running  configuration with the IP addresses and usernames/passwords deleted? 

please see it in the attached files

The  debug you attached on the last message, where was that voice mail going  to?  It looks like it was a successful message.  Did you receive it via  email?

yes it was looked correct but i did not recieve any email i dont know why .

I've looked at your configuration.  How are you connecting to the internet with this UC?  The normal WAN port (FastEthernet 0/0) is in shutdown mode.  This would account for the UC not being able to get to the outside SMTP server.  I see a default route going to  192.168.10.221.  What is that device?  I'm sorry for all of the questions, I'm just trying to understand your network setup because the debug of the failed VM notification indicated that there wasn't a route to the outside SMTP server.

dir sir

our internet gateway connected to switch WS-CE520-24PC-K9 and there is uplink between this switch and UC520 appliance i can ping from UC520 CLI to internet and when any one called me and leave message i found the debuge looks it send email notification to me wihtout any problem but i did not recieve any thing

is it required to connect my internet gateway to port fastethernet 0/0 ?

best regards

I don't think it's required, but I'd consider it a best practice.  Do you see the email reach your email server?  Or can you check with your provider to see if they see it.

One debug said there was no route to the host.  The other looked like it sent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: