Level 3

Hello,

I have got:

logging history informational

logging facility daemon

logging 192.168.12.15

and

snmp-server enable traps syslog

on my switches on the network.  I am getting clear text traps ok to the snmpc server under the history TAB but want the syslog information displayed on the CURRENT alarms tab.

Any ideas what i need to change to get the syslogs to appear on the screen.

regards

Kevin

4 Replies 4

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

this seems more like a syslog server config, ain't it unless I misunderstood your query and you want the logging on your console device?

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Alain,

Its a syslog server called snmpc from www.Castlerock.com

We can see alarms and telnet / ssh into our routers and switches on the network after we setup the devices on site.

I think i was getting too many traps using #logging traps informational

so i am trying it with #logging traps warnings

If you look at the attachment on first email, i might also have too many snmp-server enable traps enabled so i will have to review these also.

regards,

Kevin

Any ideas how i can keep my syslog traffic but get rid of the switch port link up / down messages show below?

Info     02/03/2012 13:51:50 COMSW03                     Interface FastEthernet0/1, 1Link Down Trap                                                                                  

Info     02/03/2012 13:51:51 COMSW03                     COMSW03 UPDOWN - Interface FastEthernet0/1, changed state to down LINK error                                              

Info     02/03/2012 13:51:53 COMSW03                     COMSW03 UPDOWN - Interface FastEthernet0/1, changed state to up LINK error                                                

Info     02/03/2012 13:51:54 COMSW03                     Interface FastEthernet0/1, 1 Link Up Trap                                                                                    

thanks

Kevin

You can try if the switch accept the following interface command

interface fas0/1

no logging event link-status

for a range of ports (eg all ports from 1 till 24)

interface range fas0/1 - 24

no logging event link-status

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card