cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 525G MWI stays on all the time whether there is a voicemail or not. How do i get the MWI to report correctly?

computercentral
Level 1
Level 1

I recently took over some IT support for a small church and they asked me to look at the SPA525G phones and figure out why the MWI will not indicate correctly if there are voicemails or not.  i have turned on the message waiting under the EXT1 tab for each user.  The Red MWI does not go off or blink or flash, just solid red.  Both phones in the office have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Mike

2 Replies 2

computercentral
Level 1
Level 1

Spoke with "Woody" at Cisco Tech support, nice guy. He had a couple of suggestions that I will try on my next office visit. I will clear both extensions/lines of any voicemails. Check status of MWI light. If no change, he directed me to the firmware download 7.4.9 for the SPA525g phone. I am hoping that this will fix the non resonsive MWI

an update, I cleared all messages and updated the firmware on each phone, the RED MWI light stays on and solid all of the time, whether there is a message or not.  When I pickup the handset, I noticed a series of beeps and then the dial tone.  Does that mean there is a message or a line is on hold?  I checked all of the mailboxes, friends, family, work all are empty.

Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: