Helpful
Replies

Second dialtone

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

We are having problem with the second dialtone in CUCM 7

When user dial the forth digit of the number, he hears the second dialtone

For example, if he want to dial external number, he dial 081234567, he will hear the first dial tone after he dial 0, then after he dial 2, he will hear the second dial tone, if he keeps dialing the rest of the number, the call still can go through.

If I untick the "Provide Outside Dial Tone" option for the route pattern, it can fix the problem but user will not hear the dial tone when they dial 0

The other route patterns have no problem at all, only this particular pattern has problem

Any suggestion for this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The secondary dial tone is provided when all the possible matches in the digit analysis have the checkbox for the secondary dial tone, if you hear it until the 4th digit that means that you're matching something that either doesn't have it checked or simply doesn't have the option.

Look at your dial plan and see what else you're matching on those first 4 digits.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The secondary dial tone is provided when all the possible matches in the digit analysis have the checkbox for the secondary dial tone, if you hear it until the 4th digit that means that you're matching something that either doesn't have it checked or simply doesn't have the option.

Look at your dial plan and see what else you're matching on those first 4 digits.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your prompt response.

I found a route pattern similiar to the one we had problem and it did not have the option ticked, after I ticked the option, it worked. but could you take a little bit time to explain to me something that I am confused

for example I have 2 route pattern 0.[7-9]XXXXXXX(option ticked) and 0.826XXXXX(option not ticked), the number l want to dial is  082012345, as my understanding after I dialed 2 I should hear the second dial tone, but why after dialed 0 I heard the dial tone

Thank you in advance

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

Hi         Java

I found the reason

Thanks