cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE-512 showing major alarm even no files in local1/core_dir

Foo Chuan Soon
Level 1
Level 1

I has gone through all other thread that showing major alarm, it said that deleted the files in local1/core_dir or local1/crash will remove the alarm, but i just did the same thing, still the alarm show as below:

WAE#sh alarms

Critical Alarms:

----------------

None

Major Alarms:

-------------

Alarm ID             Module/Submodule     Instance

-------------------- -------------------- --------------------

1 core_dump            sysmon               core

Minor Alarms:

-------------

None

What else can i do to remove the alarm? Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Foo Chuan,

After deleting the core dump files, you sometimes need to reload the device to make the alarms go away. Can you give it a try?

I hope this helps

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Still no luck after reload the device, alarm still there..

I have the exact same issue.. even removed the file: crash/kdump_compress_debug.

The alarm is staying... Yet I must say that the current operating system is the 4.3.5a...// nme-wae-502-4.3.5a.1

Frits

Srin_G
Level 3
Level 3

Usually this happens when an active tcp connection is reset by the peer. Is there any issue related to anyone of your applications?in my case it was Citrix getting disconnected so we have to upgrade the firmware of the WAE.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Srini,

There were no application issue with Citrix only some issues with SMB-v2 which as it seems were not related to the alarm.

Yet we upgraded over the weekend to 4.4.5d and not alarms there anymore but the upgrade automatically reset all TCP sessions or any other logging.

Regards,

Frits

Frits,

we had issues with 4.3.5 code as well it was running ok for a while and core alarms were generated.4.4.5 is quite stable for us at the moment.

Do you use WAAS express in your farm? They gave us lot of grief with core files generation.

regards

Hi Srini,

We have the Applicances and the NME's we do not have the SRE's

Note: you need to hold to the white-papers of the OS for upgrading them.

In our experience the 4.4.5d is the most stable OS in the 4 code.

Due to the fact that we still have NME's in our network we cannot upgrade to V5.

Regards, Frits

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: