cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 504g Phone Password

Jesse Shumaker
Level 1
Level 1

What is the 4 digit code to change the network settings on a spa 504g phone?

6 Replies 6

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Jesse,

Can you be more specific on what you're trying to accomplish?  The SPA504 has an interactive menu that you can use to change network settings.  Just hit the button that looks like a piece of paper with the right corner folded down, hit 9.  That will take you to the network settings menu.  You should be able to change the settings from there.

This assumes that you are not connected to a UC320 or UC540/50.

it asks for a password when i try to change these settings from the phone. I know it's a 4 digit code but I just can't remember it. it's plugged into a uc520 system.

I'm not sure on that one, unless it's your user password for the phone. 

this is a 4 digit password u must type to change phone settings. something like 9696.

Hi Jesse,

A factory fresh phone has no password. The password on your phone was set by the administrator / person who configured the UC520.

Regards,

Patrick

---------

I set a password on the website for the 504g, now when i try to enter the password on my phone (it's "cisco"), it shows me *****. How do I type a "c"? if I press 2, it gives me a *. And what is now behind it??? An "a"? I could press it three times, but instead of a "c", I get three ***.

second problem: I cannot login to the admin page after I set the password. I have never been asked for a user before setting the password. Now, when I try to login to the admin-page of the phone, it asks for USER and PASSWORD. what's the username, please, and where is the related documentation to that? I cannot find it.

edit: I "hacked" it (I tried everthing possible...). So the user is called "user" - what else... so if you set a password for the admin, you have to log in as "user". Cisco, I love you for that logical behaviour

please help,

thanks

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: