cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 : Ciscoview support of 2811

msayadi
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade LMS 3.2 to 4.1. But when I look to "Special Notes and Exceptions for Devices Supported" document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/device_support/table/lms42sdt_specialnotes.html#Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers

I find that 2811 is not supported by CiscoView.

But according to ""

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/device_support/table/lms41sdt.html#Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers

It seems that 2811 have 2 SysID.

Can anyone explain me why there are two IDs for the same hardware and under which ID will my 2811 routers be classified into inventory database. This information is important since customer want to have support of 2811 in CiscoView of LMS 4.1 (around 200 devices).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "classic" 2811 router (OID ending in 576) should have CiscoView support.

The OID ending in 1370 is the newest hardware - 2811 VE. I don't have one on hand but the distinction is listed on this site. The only mention of the VE model I could find on cisco.com was in the 15.1 release notes which indicate is is newly-supported in that IOS release (ca. January 2012).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "classic" 2811 router (OID ending in 576) should have CiscoView support.

The OID ending in 1370 is the newest hardware - 2811 VE. I don't have one on hand but the distinction is listed on this site. The only mention of the VE model I could find on cisco.com was in the 15.1 release notes which indicate is is newly-supported in that IOS release (ca. January 2012).

Thank you for your answer. It was very helpful.

You're welcome. Please rate helpful posts and/or mark your question as answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco