Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Time of Day Routing

wrickk_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I've read the cisco docs on ToD routing and it all seems to be very specific for inbound after hours traffic.

I have office phones that need be restricted to internal and 911 calls from

18:00 to 06:00 during that time frame users need to be able to override with a client matter code.

During office hours they should be able to dial outbound based on their existing CSS

I called TAC on this and the response was...

Rick,

I did a research on this and would like to mention that unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to block the outbound calls according to the Time of Day. Either ALL or NO outbound calls can be blocked (using a Translation/Route Pattern).

I’m afraid Communications Manager is designed in such a way that TOD routing feature can only be used for inbound calls.

Please do let me know for any further queries or doubt.

I find this almost impossible to believe as the 15 year old nortel system I am replacing is doing exactly as described above. Please help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, we do not offer the capability to change CSS based on TOD.

TOD is very simple

Same pattern, different partition.

1000 BH

1000 AH

Using TOD you configure which one will be active in the CSS from the device

ie

BH 8 am to 5 PM

AH 5 PM to midnight

You dial exactly the same thing, but since you're actually reaching a different phone, TP, pattern, whatever you can configure another call treatment or specs (ie CMC/FAC in AH, non CMC/FAC on BH)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that from your question, any partition not tied to a TOD behavior, is on the CSS at all times.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TOD works by either adding or removing the partitions from the CSS of the phones so it's not dynamic in the sense that you can just press a code and disable TOD from the phone. That's why there are time periods and schedules, you pre-configure when to enable/disable this. All this from CCMAdmin, no way to control this from phones.

You can create a RP with FAC/CMC enabled during the time frame they can only do internal/911 calls and unless they know the code they cannot call outside.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply...

Is there some way to have the phone in one CSS during business hours and switch to a different CSS after hours? If I could do that I could create two sets of RP in different partitions and  force the after hours RP's to use CMC...

I obviously don't understand ToD routing very well, please forgive my ignorance. Let me ask one more question

if i create my after hours and business hours time periods and schedule, create my AH, BH partitions, create a CSS and add those two partions to the CSS does that mean during the times specified I will have access to RP in the respecitve partition? Say during business hours I will have access to the business hour partition and after hours I would have access to the after hours partition? What if I add other partitions to that CSS, say my internal phone partition, would that be active regardless of time period?

That's like 4 questions, sorry...

No, we do not offer the capability to change CSS based on TOD.

TOD is very simple

Same pattern, different partition.

1000 BH

1000 AH

Using TOD you configure which one will be active in the CSS from the device

ie

BH 8 am to 5 PM

AH 5 PM to midnight

You dial exactly the same thing, but since you're actually reaching a different phone, TP, pattern, whatever you can configure another call treatment or specs (ie CMC/FAC in AH, non CMC/FAC on BH)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that from your question, any partition not tied to a TOD behavior, is on the CSS at all times.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yeah, I get it now. So I can very easily accomplish what I wanted with ToD routing and muliple route patterns based on the ToD partitions.

Thanks very much for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: