cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 504G will not register with UC320W

Alan Jett
Level 1
Level 1

This is new equipment, out-of-the-box configuration, firmware updates done. I have 2 SPA 301s that are discovered and work just fine. I have 3 SPA 504Gs that are not discovered, nor do they work when I manually add them. They are pulling a correct IP from VLAN 100 just fine. On the 504Gs I get a dialtone but no outside dialtone when I press 9. On the 301s I get a dialtone when pressing 9 and can make outbound calls and can recieve inbound calls. All of the phones are plugged into an ESW-520 switch with a default config except for a static IP. The 320W WAN port is plugged into one of our main Cisco switches (2960) and that switch is supplying a DHCP address to the WAN side of the 320. The 320 is serving DHCP to the clients on it's LAN side. I have two POTs lines plugged into FXO ports. I have tried a factory reset on all of the SPA 504Gs. I even tried plugging a 504G directly into the 320W and still have the same issue.

28 Replies 28

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Alan,

It's definitely odd that the SPA504's aren't being automatically discovered by the 320.  You say that you get a dial tone when you pick up the phone.  Are the phone's receiving their phone load?  What firmware are you running on your ESW switch? 

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Alan,

What is the model number of your SPA phones?  Look in the back next to the Ethernet ports- is it SPA504G or SPA504G-RC? 

Second, what firmware version are the SPA504G and UC320W running?  If your SPA phones come with firmware version 7.4.8a, I suggest you upgrade your UC320W to the latest RC 2.2.1.

Best regards,

Julio

To Julio & Brad,

• They are SPA505G phones - I have 3 and none are working - 303s are woking fine
  • I do get a dialtone when picking up the reciever on the 504Gs but not when I press 9
  • Switch FW is 2.1.19 - I even tried plugging 504G directly into UC320W and still no luck
  • The 504Gs have 7.4.8a
  • SPA303s have 7.4.7v23
  • UC320W has 2.1.2(1)
  • The 504Gs are pulling an IP in VLAN100 - I can see them in Status>DHCP Clients
  • I think I already tried 2.2.1 on the UC320W and no luck - will try again though

That's the firmware you need on the switch.  I assume you mean 504 phones, not 505.  Are the phones receiving their load? What I mean by this is are they picking up their user information or is the screen blank.  Can you ping the IP addresses of the phones? 

Did you check the back of the phone as Julio suggested?  The RC version has a special firmware that is incompatible with any UC platform. 

Yes,  SPA504G - Sorry

The phones are not picking up their load and not showing up under devices. Odd that they are getting a proper IP though.

I checked them and they are using SIP.

I can ping the 2-303s and the 3-504Gs

The phones are using the SIP phone load image?  If so, that is the problem.

Added note - The Mute button on the 504Gs are flashing after a phone reboot meaning "No Network Connectivity" but they do pull an IP.

I thought the UC320W only does SIP? The 303s are set exactly the same.

Setup>Call Control Settings>Signaling Protocal = SIP

Yes I have done that and also plugged directly into the UC320W.

On a 504G it shows the correct DG of 10.1.1.1

I can ping the 504Gs from the UC320W

I know that you have probably already tried this, but, have you moved a 504 to a location where you know that the 301 is working?  The mute button being on means that the phone cannot see it's gateway.  The only odd thing about that is you can ping the phones.....

I can ping the 504Gs from the UC320W

I did try plugging into the same port as a working 303 and also tried plugging into a UC320W port

I have a ESW 8 port switch.  I have plugged in my SPA508, factory defaulted it and have been able to duplicate your problem.  I will let you know what I did to fix it.

Remember that I have the same problem when going directly into the UC320W - taking the switch out of the configuration completly

I take that back.  My phone just received it's load.  You should not be able to see the Setup>Call Control Settings>SIP if your phone has the correct phone load from the UC320.  That is not an option on the SPA5xx when the phone is receiving it's correct load from the UC. 

Everything you are saying points to a network VLAN issue, but you are receiving the same problem when directly connected to the UC and the 301's are connecting Just for grins, can you check to make sure VLAN 100 is tagged in all of your switchports on the ESW switch?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: