Views
Helpful
Replies

Control rule in neighborhoods with VCS Expressway

tgcesarlima
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone.

I am wondering if VCS Expressay makes some kind of control in neighbouring areas.

For example: I want to restrict the neighboring zone to perform no more than 2 simultaneous calls.

Best regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

You can restrict the aggregate bandwidth used for those calls, but not strictly the number of calls.

For example if your standard call bandwidth for your organization is 768kbps, and you only want 2 calls going to the neighboring area at a time, you create a pipe that has a Total bandwidth limit of 1536kbps, and apply that pipe to the link to that neighbor.  Links and pipes are both found under the VCS Configuration --> Bandwidth menu.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tiago,

I didn't got when you say restrict the call to 2 from neighbor zone?

Now what i think is if you are trying to limit the call to 2 simultaneously to the neighbor zone, you can use Link and pipes as said by Anthony.

Once you create a neighbor zone a new link will be automatically be crated under Links which would be from default sz to this new neighbor zone.

Create PIPE for this link and set the bandwidth restriction for the 2 calls. Let says 268 kbps per call that means 1536kbps.

All the registered endpoints would be in default subzone by default untill you specify something. So then go to Default subzone and set the bandwidth per call in and out of default subzone to 768kbps.

Now when you make a call in and out if this subzone it would be 768kbps and once the value reaches to 1536kbps any new request coming with call rate as 768kbps would be denied as we won't have any more bandwidth available now.

Please note that you should keep the setting VCS configuration-->Bandwidth-->configuration-->downspeed per call mode & Downspeed total call mode to OFF.

Also please note that your endpoint should send the call rate as 768kbps in this case.

Thanks

Alok

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

You can restrict the aggregate bandwidth used for those calls, but not strictly the number of calls.

For example if your standard call bandwidth for your organization is 768kbps, and you only want 2 calls going to the neighboring area at a time, you create a pipe that has a Total bandwidth limit of 1536kbps, and apply that pipe to the link to that neighbor.  Links and pipes are both found under the VCS Configuration --> Bandwidth menu.

Does that help?

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tiago,

I didn't got when you say restrict the call to 2 from neighbor zone?

Now what i think is if you are trying to limit the call to 2 simultaneously to the neighbor zone, you can use Link and pipes as said by Anthony.

Once you create a neighbor zone a new link will be automatically be crated under Links which would be from default sz to this new neighbor zone.

Create PIPE for this link and set the bandwidth restriction for the 2 calls. Let says 268 kbps per call that means 1536kbps.

All the registered endpoints would be in default subzone by default untill you specify something. So then go to Default subzone and set the bandwidth per call in and out of default subzone to 768kbps.

Now when you make a call in and out if this subzone it would be 768kbps and once the value reaches to 1536kbps any new request coming with call rate as 768kbps would be denied as we won't have any more bandwidth available now.

Please note that you should keep the setting VCS configuration-->Bandwidth-->configuration-->downspeed per call mode & Downspeed total call mode to OFF.

Also please note that your endpoint should send the call rate as 768kbps in this case.

Thanks

Alok

tgcesarlima
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Anthony and Alok!

This solves my situation.

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: