cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2024- Unknown IP Address, how to Factory Reset?

hoffstaman
Level 1
Level 1

I am not a big tech guy. I'm trying to help a friend do a factory reset of a recently acquired used SRW2024 but he is claiming to be unable to access the switch because the default IP address has been changed. This model has no reset button anywhere. Can anyone make a recomendation on how to discover the current IP the switch is running or how to do a reset?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Sean

In order to access the switch in it's current state, you will have to use the console port. Here is a link to the admin guide. It has all the details on the switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw2048/administration/guide/SRW-US_v10_UG_A-Web.pdf

You will want to look for Chapter 4 as a guide for using the console port.

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

You need to console into the SRW2024 and then you should be able to factory reset it this way. On the boot up it will give you an option to bypass boot up if you don't know the admin user name and password. it's Cltr + R you'll have two seconds to push this button to bypass boot up and usually will take several tries.

Administration guide for SRW2024

Bit per second: 38400

Data bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop bits: 1

Flow control: None

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

stoatwblr
Level 1
Level 1

If you have no access to the console port:

One way I've found to locate the IP of devices is to use TCPdump and look for packets from the hardware concerned (assuming you know the MAC address - it's printed on the case)

After that you can configure a suitable IP on your machine and then telnet/http in to make changes.

It's kludgy but it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X