Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio MWI (amwi) and 7960 Phone

kbeelwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I figured out that if I need audio MWI , I need to turn on prompt and visuals.

I see a disclaimer saying 7960 needs to be greater than revision 10. Which min phone load does this mean?

Can anyone please help because my AMWI is not working on 7960 although its turned on.

Thanks

Kadambari

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which system are you using?

7960 is an absolete model, and can only run up to firmware version 8.1, nothing more.

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 7.1.5.33900-10

Kadambari,

As Paolo mentioned, 7960 does not have any higher phoneload available than 8.x. Could you share the disclaimer which says 7960 needs firmware 10.x ?

GP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a08ipph.html#wp1165732

Audible Message Waiting Indicator (AMWI)

You can configure Cisco Unified IP Phones, so if voice messages are  waiting, the end users will receive a stutter dial tone when the phone  goes off hook (on the line on which the voice message has been left) by  setting the Audible Message Waiting Indicator Policy service parameter  in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Note To  ensure backward compatibility, the Cisco Unified IP Phones that are  running SCCP will not issue the AMWI stutter dial-tone for phones that  are using SCCP firmware versions older than 10. This remains true  regardless whether the AMWI is configured on the Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Administration window.

I see some typo in the document as most ( if not all ) of the SCCP Phone's firmware is still in 9.x version. As in case of 7960, the last firmware version released is in 8.x range with no further releases planned, so am not too hopeful about the functionality w.r.t. 7960.

You might want to confirm with BU via Cisco TAC or PDI Heldesk.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: