Music on hold

felipeg007
Level 1
Level 1

I upload music (mp3) file , it uploads to cloud transcoder successfully

when it tries to save to uc320 it fails

"Install Failed, the Cisco uc320w returned error"

only a portion of the files was saved.

4 minutes mp3 only 1 minute was saved to uc320.

3 Replies 3

Hi Felipe,

This is a documented limitation of the internal music on hold system.   60 seconds is the current maximum supported length.  The Cloud music file processor will automatically truncate the music if it is over 60 seconds.

We have a bug open on the error.  The music file does install properly.

Thanks,

Chris 

Thank you.

Is there enough room on the UC320 to hold more than a minute? Does it look like that could be expanded in the future?

The guys in the store wanted to make a few mini "commercials" for our stuff and put them as the hold music. But as it's not rare for someone to be on hold for 3-5 minutes. I think it would irritate them to hear a one minute commercial 4 times in a row.

Yes we can do an mp3 player, but that means:

-one more piece of hardware to maintain

-we would need to research and hopefully find one that works off ac and works 24/7
-someone who has access to the network closet would have to update it (not only that but I guess have two sd cards or whatever so that it can be swapped with minimal down time). Or we'd have to find a network accessable mp3 player but the options I see are too expensive for the short run.

I guess that people have been dealing with this type of stuff since the beginning of phone systems, but just knowing that the ability is there but so limited is frustrating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: