Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.1 Reporting for VLAN information

Brad Endsley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently running Cisco LMS 4.1.

I need to see if there is a way in the LMS, either through the menu or via a report, that can give me the VLAN numbers, the description, the IP address, the Interface (SVI) the vlan is on and the route it takes.

I've searched near and far and haven't come up with anything yet, so any help is certainly appreciated.

Regards.

3 Replies 3

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Start with Reports > Technology > VLAN

There is no relation between a vlan and a SVI. There can be multiple.

A client on a vlan not knowing the default gateway can only ARP and hope a gateway responds in proxy ARP.

Not sure what you mean with 'the route it takes'.

Cheers,

Michel

There's no relation between a vlan and an SVI? 

There is one-to-one mapping between a VLAN and SVI, thus only a single SVI can be mapped to a VLAN.

Really,  it's a moot point.  What I'm getting at is that I need a report in LMS  to run that shows what VLANs there are (I've looked at the above post  you said in the VLAN menu, but that doesn't get me all I need).

I  need a report with VLAN ID, VLAN name, Network it's running on (VLAN 2 =  192.168.0.2 for example), the MASK, ACL IN and ACL OUT applied to VLAN  if there is one.

As a VLAN spans multiple switches, there may be more than on interface able to do routing. There is no one to one mapping.

The type of info you want can be on a single switch, but it can also be scatered all over the network devices.

This type of info you would normal get from an IPAM not a network management system.

Campus is aware of all VLAN's and all subnets. It however doesn't care who is the default gateway nor about any ACL's

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: