cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N VLAN priority

andyhoien
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to setup a WAP4410N with 2 SSID's.  One SSID for our private network and the other for guest internet access.  On the VLAN and QoS page there is a setting for priority.  What would be the suggested values for this setting?  We obviously want our private network to receive priority over our guest network.

Also, does VLAN Tag setting need to be on Tagged to determine private from guest traffic?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I am assuming you are putting each SSID on a separate VLAN. The higher the number the more Priority the device should give it. So give your Guest a the lowest number and the private network something higher.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

thanks Eric.  We are putting each SSID on a seperate VLAN.

Does VLAN Tag setting need to be on Tagged to determine private from guest traffic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: