Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Between C20 dialing Ip Address without VCS

Hi,

Anyone knows if it's posible establish a call between two C20 Codec only dialing the ip address of each endpoint, without register the endpoints to VCS.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ho,

Set this configuration and you are good to go.

xConfiguration H323 Profile 1 CallSetup Mode: direct

xConfiguration NetworkServices H323 Mode: On

regards,

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ho,

Set this configuration and you are good to go.

xConfiguration H323 Profile 1 CallSetup Mode: direct

xConfiguration NetworkServices H323 Mode: On

regards,

Hi Teck, is it posible to make a direct ip2ip dialing when SIP is used as a default protocol?

hi,

It is possible, but is not recommended

Thanks for your prompt response!

Is there any specific configuration which must be done (as in H.323 direct mode) or nothing special? Unfortunately my customers do not have any VCS-C or Expressway and they have only 2 SX20 and one C20.

hi,

just set SIP mode to ON and you should be able to dial by IP address.

example:   xcommand dial: sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

But I would think you would better use H323 if you do not have any VCS, since for SIP call, we only test when SIP proxy is involved.

Thanks for your time!  Highly Appreciated!

Hello Teck

Just want to make sure ip dialling via SIP is possible and works. Because IP dialling works only when H323 is ON though is SIP is already ON in one of my case. In this case i have VCS-C and VCS-E involved. I want to make sure IP dailling can work with SIP .

Regards

Sundar

hi,

If you have VCSe, VCSc and your endpoint are SIP registered to these devices, you should dial by the SIP URI.

Yes, what if the endpoint is outside the enterprise network not registered to vcs-e. for eg i am trying to ip dial to a endpoint in internet .i think only h323 will work in this case ?

You can use SIP as well. If one of the endpoints does not support SIP or H.323 you can use the interopability option on VCS.

I have one more question about C20. Even it is in standby mode codec overheat. Is it normal?

Hi!!

I be done that myself. Calling an E20 from a C20 just using up addresses. I didn't configure anything on sip profile or h323.

However when I see the call statistics it says that h323 has been use as the default protocol.

I have a question tho, I have an SX20 registered to a VCS with SIP.

I've add transform sets to allow calls from other sip devices and h323 devices and add the vcs domain.

However, when I try calling to the e20 or c20 the call doesn't go through and when I check the call history on the vcs it shows an error of sip<->blank and 404 error.

How can I fix this?

What transform can I add for the IPs of the e20 and c20 be added the @vcsdomain so that it can call my sx20.

Is this possible?

Please help!

Thank you

Dante

Hi Dante,

As the thread you have replied to is an older one, has been marked as answered, and is yours is not directly related to the original question, it'd be best if you opened a new discussion for your problem.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: