cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 or T1 between Two MGCP Gateways with a CUCM per gateway

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure E1 or T1 between 2 MGCP Gateways?

I have a Cisco CUCM 7.1 and a CUCM 8.0.3. both had their own MGCP Gateway. is it possible to connect both of these together by E1 or T1?

I have the inter-cluster link already in place and it works. is it possible to configure as mentioned?

this is what I plan for;

CUCM 7 <-----> C2821 MGCP -<----E1/T1----> C2851 MGCP <----> CUCM 8

Can this be done this way or do the gateways also need to be configured for H.323 in CUCM with rout patterns to go out via that gateway?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Nope, it works like a charm.

I've got an E1 on MGCP gateways between my live & dev cluster (plus an ICT!).

Nothing special required - apart from making sure one side is set as user and the other as network.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joe,

Could you elaborate on the main requirement for such plan ?

How these two gateways are placed ? Same site ?

GP.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Nope, it works like a charm.

I've got an E1 on MGCP gateways between my live & dev cluster (plus an ICT!).

Nothing special required - apart from making sure one side is set as user and the other as network.

GTG

I guess I am puzzled just like GP, why would you integrate 2 CUCM VoIP PBXs via TDM circuits?

Use SIP trunks or H323 ICT directly between CUCM servers.

Chris 

Chris Deren wrote:

I guess I am puzzled just like GP, why would you integrate 2 CUCM VoIP PBXs via TDM circuits?

Use SIP trunks or H323 ICT directly between CUCM servers.

We do it because we can't justify ISDN-30 PSTN circuit on our dev cluster (we just use a BRI) but need an ISDN-30 for Single Number Reach testing.

GTG

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

it is a requirment for a client for testing reasons. I don't see anything wrong with the setup to be honest.

it is required for testing only. for a live system it would not be worth while but seeing as they client doesn't have a spare ISDN30 circuit both Callmanagers MGCP gateways will be directly connected via E1 crossover. They have spare E1/T1 cards in the gateways that I had setup for PLAR's out to TDM Dealerboards so it's not like they are wasting money. They are using the equipment they have there already plus both Callmanagers are located in the same room.

Like I said, for testing purpose only

Many thanks for the people who had posted to this thread and a big thank you to Gordon for clearning this one up for me

Testing is always a good reason, just wanted to understand.

Gordon, FYI Mobile Connect (SNR) is supported over ICT.

Chris

Cool. thank you Chris and Gordon

Chris Deren wrote:

Gordon, FYI Mobile Connect (SNR) is supported over ICT.

Never knew that. Every day is a school day.

Thanks,

GTG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: