Views
Helpful
Replies

AD & CUCM

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Experts,t

Our AD and CUCM directories are not synched. I tried to manualy force the synchronization by stopping and starting the Cisco DirSynch but no luck.

Questions:

-     Is this the only way to manually synch the AD and CUCM?

-     When and how oftern the AD and CUCM synch happens? Is it once per day or the change should appear immediately?

-     Is there a tool which monitors and forces the synch btw AD and CUCM?

Thanks,

MK

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To sync it manually go to System --> LDAP Directories, find the integration and there is manual synch button there, also that is where you define automatic synchronization time.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Could you please tell me what could be the reason that the CUCM fails to synch with the AD. It was working few weeks ago. The synch is set to once a day at midnight. Is it the default? Can we change it to once an hour?  Do I need any tool to monitor the synch?

Thanks,

MK

Default is only once, but you define it when you build the LDAP integration.  Once a day is typically recommended, you can certainly change it, but I would not recommend once every hour as depending on directory size this can take some time, plus it is unnecessary traffic.

What is not working, are new users not showing up? Did you try manaul sync and waited several minutes?

Chris

The changes are not showing up. As it's once a day at midnight, do we have to wait until the day after to see the changes in the CUCM?

MK

Yes, what I do at some customers is set it to sync every 12 hours. To see if your integration is working simply do the manaul sync (press the button) and wait 15 or so minutes.

Chris

Thanks Chris, will do and keep you posted.

MK

Chris,

It looks like some if not most of the data going into AD is not 100% accurate.  Therefore the data in CM is not 100% accurate.

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: