cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My digital media players cannot connect whit DMM?

Jmedrano9
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 DMP4305G,

when I connect the playres to the network in the DMM appears in status up, but after a few minutes the status change to down...... what i can do???

thanks for your help.

19 Replies 19

sdhanral
Level 1
Level 1

Jose,

This usually means that the DMP Service account password does not match the DMM Servlet Password.

1. Password set under the DMM Servlet does not match the Web password assigned to the 2 DMPS. You can re-enter the Password under  Digital Signage --> Setting --> Server Setting, change the password to match that of the DMP Web password.
  2. Once you do that the DMPs should show up green in the next 5 minutes. Let me know if they don’t. Easy way to verify whether the DMP and DMM Servlet password match is to navigate to Digital Signs --> Digital Media Players --> Select the DMP --> Run Task --> System Task --> Status. If you are able to successfully pull up the MIB status (a big text output showing DMP C/C++ variables and MIBS) that indicates that the DMM Servlet password matches the DMP Web Password.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Thanks!! for your Help, I try this solution but always the players are Down, but I have a quetion, the servlet address is the same that DMM?

Hi,

I seem to be having this same problem.  I changed the password on the servlet on the DMM and then changed the web account password on one of my DMPS to match the DMM.  I saved the configuration on both and rebooted the DMP, but when I still get to the status in system task and double click i get the following:

It still says peer not authenticated, and i think this is causing the problem.

BTW, I am using version 5.2.2 DMM and my DMPs are 4400's on software version 5.2

Regards

Ricky

joe.lazzaro
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jose,

I just ran into this same problem with my 4310G's running 5.2.3. It could be the self signed certificate on the DMP expired February 2012, and can no longer be managed. DMM must be patched to ignore the DMP certificate date...covered under CSCty22538.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22949

@ Joe : 4305 are not affected by the certificate expiration issue.

@Jose - The Servlet should contain the IP address of the DMM, The username and password must match the username and password on the DMP. Can you try to get the status from the DMM for these DMPs.

Also do you know if there is any firewall between the DMM and DMPs blocking the port 7777 ? I would like to see what you get when you do -

Digital Signs --> Digital Media Players --> Select the DMP --> Run Task --> System Task --> Status.

Thanks,
Sagar dhanrale

Yes

I'm sure if there is no fire wall blocking port 777 between the DMM and DMP..when i try to change the status of the DMP

through

Digital Signs --> Digital Media Players --> Select the DMP --> Run Task --> System Task --> Status.

presents the problem that the application is frozen, do not know if this is a problem of platform or will be a service not up
see the

attached image

Do you get the same issue while doing any "Run Task" or only when you select 4305 ? Is the pop-up blocker disabled ? Have you tried the same from different browser ? Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java installed on your PC ?

Thanks,
Sagar 

yes,

I've tried different browsers and even different operating systems with the same results.

@Jose : I took a look at your earlier DMM screenshot, Joe is right. Have you run the patch on the DMM. 4305-G running 5.3 code is indeed affected with the certificate bug mentioned in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/634/fn63496.html, Have you followed the instructions and applied the pacth on the DMM ?

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

I have a problem whit the download, I try it again........

Thanks for your help.......

this problem only affects the 4305G players because i have a 4400G to and this works good....... i don't have problem whit it.........

Jose - Can you provide the data requested so that we can recommend a solution ?

1) Status output from the DMM.

2) Verify that there is no firewall between the DMM and DMP.

Sagar

I'm sure if there is no fire wall blocking port 777 between the DMM and DMP..

when i cofigure the DMP what are the correct parameters that i have put in the player??

DMM-DSM Server Timeout (sec): how many seconds?

DMM Appliance IP Address? here is the ip of the DMM.

I attach the screen shot of the DMM.

Jose : First thing first :

1) Have you applied the patch mentioned in Field notice : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/634/fn63496.html
If not, do that.

2) If after applying the patch you still see the same issue , we can troubleshoot.

3) Regarding the Internal Storage, It won't reflect the correct values unless the DMM and DMP communicate.

Thanks,

Sagar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: