Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup an Alert or a continous Log

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me as I'm only a CCENT, I dont know an extensive amount about routers.  We have a router in our San Diego office.  We have had an ongoing problem with people getting busy signals when they call.  We have had a few router consultants look and give us a generic answer that its a resource problem.  We have 23 lines available.  When I look at the router using the following command "show voice call sum | inc 0/0/0:23", I have never seen more than 11 calls on at a time.

Since we obviously can sit there and run the command all day long is there a way to have the router alert us if it reaches say 75% utilization?  If not, is there a way to have the thing run the command every minute or so and send us the response.  That way we can see if its reaching capacity.

Thank you everyone in advance.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Search for the many threads "monitoring PRI utilization".

HI

You can see if this helps you

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.63.1.3.4#oidContent

"A high threshold used to determine when to generate the

cvdcActiveDS0sHighNotification. This object

represents the percentage of active DS0s in total number

of DS0s."

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thank you both for your responses.  I was travelling yesterday, so I am just now looking at this.

It looks like Cisco RTMT is the tool I want to use.  I have installed it to my machine.  To launch it you have to point it to our Call Manager which is located in our Datacenter.  Now that I have the tool up, how do I drill down to the specific router I want to monitor?

Hi,

1) System ---> performance ---> select the call processor --->

Select the type of gateway.

Then graph what you need like ""ACTIVE CALLS "

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: