cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W SSL VPN error - cant connect

servano2011
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new RV220w (USA version) that arrived with the late 2011 firmware  v1.0.3.5 pre-installed from the factory.  It appears the SSL VPN Bug CSCtr88429 mentioned as solved in the release notes is NOT resolved. I'm having the same issues mentioned here and  other places on the forum when trying to get the clientless SSL VPN to  launch on two separate Macs with OSX 10.7 Lion and latest Java package.    When logged in as an admin account and launching into the SSL VPN portal (in safari or firefox) I get the error:

- "Needed permissions couldn't be set on some files. Root privleges are required for setting permissions.

Please let me know if there is a new work around or if Cisco engineers are reopening bug CSCtr88429 to actually fix it.  My company has more and more Mac's and I really need to find a way to get remote SSL VPN working. Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Replies 2

servano2011
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Admins and other router gurus, any update or answers on how to get the SSL VPN solution working on my new RV220? Do I need to return this thing?

Thanks

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Servano2011,

I apologize for the issue that you are experiencing. The release notes for the 1.0.3.5 firmware clearly indicate that the issue was resolved, however, your scenario is proving otherwise. I would suggest reflashing the firmware, factory resetting, and manually configuring the RV220w. Below is a link to the 1.0.3.5 firmware. Please be sure to use a browser other than IE9 and to either use the GUI to reset or press the reset button for 45 seconds. If the issue still persists you will need to call 1.866.606.1866 and open a support ticket so that we can get this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283118607&flowid=24581&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.3.5&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: